Fast, Safe, and Reliable Car Shipping from USA to Vietnam
Do you need to ship a car from USA to Vietnam? CFR Rinkens’ shipping experts will make car shipping from USA to Vietnam easy, fast and secure. We offer several car shipping methods, including roll-on/roll-off and container services. You’ll be sure to find the best car shipping solution to Vietnam that meets your budget and schedule. Our agents will help you determine which option will work best for you, and assist through the whole shipping process, from customs clearance to vehicle requirements – we are always just a phone call away.
Below you’ll find additional information about the requirements and options for car shipping from USA to Vietnam. We have several convenient locations across the United States – arrange for vehicle pickup on your schedule or drop off your vehicle at one of our locations.
We Can Pick Up Vehicles from Anywhere in ihe United States and Ship them to Vietnam
What ports we ship to
We ship to the following ports in Vietnam:
What are the Car Shipping Costs to Vietnam?
Use the form on the right to request a free online quote – The total cost to ship a vehicle to Vietnam from the USA will vary, depending on where you’re shipping your vehicle from, your destination, as well as your vehicle’s specifications.
Auto shipping expenses to Vietnam may also include extra charges, taxes and dues. Request an online quote to get a better idea of the cost of shipping a car to Vietnam from the USA.
While our transportation specialists will help you through the entire process of car shipping from USA to Vietnam, please make sure you have the most current data on import taxes and dues, as these can change often. Our experienced agents are always just a phone call away at 1-888-886-6683.
GET A QUICK FREE QUOTE
The complete Vietnam Vehicle Shipping Guide below discusses car shipping to Vietnam from the USA. For general information and to view common questions about shipping a vehicle, visit our worldwide vehicle shipping page.
Car Shipping Guide: Car Shipping from USA to Vietnam
Used motor vehicles (including passenger cars, cargo trucks, pickup trucks, and specialized cars) may be imported into Vietnam if they have not been used for more than 5 years from the year of manufacture, and are being imported by the original owner. Vehicles must have been registered in the owner’s country for at least six months prior to importing to Vietnam and have a minimum mileage of 10,000 km.
You may also import a motorcycle into Vietnam, if the engine is 175cc or larger. However, import duties on motorcycles can be very high, sometimes more than 100% of the motorcycle’s value.
Vietnam Vehicle Import Taxes and Duties
- VAT – 10% of the sum of CIF value (cost, insurance and freight) and applicable duties.
- Vehicle Imports are also subject to a 10%-65% Special Sales Tax.
- Copy of Passport, Valid Visa & Work Permit
- Household Registration Book (Issued by the Vietnam Ministry of Public Security)
The Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam At: 44 Yet Kieu, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi Tel: (04) 06943647 / (04) 06941165
- Copy of Title & Vehicle Registration
- Copy of Bill of Lading
- Customs Declaration for Import/Export
- Vietnam Automobile Import Application Form & License
- Authorization Letter for Customs Clearance by Destination Agent
How do costs vary based on the method of shipping to Vietnam?
Roll-On/Roll-Off – Your vehicle will be driven onto a spacious loading area on the delivery vessel, like a parking structure, and secured for shipping. This is our most economical shipping alternative, since only added charges are customs clearance and port expenses.
Shared Container Service – Our recommended option! Your vehicle is securely loaded into a 40ft enclosed container, along with various vehicles that will share the additional charges for container transportation. (Additional charges include: terminal handling, trucking and unloading fees, as well as customs clearance expenses)
All vehicles are loaded and stacked using our industry-leading R-RAK steel loading system into the shipping container. Although you’ll enjoy the added security of a fully enclosed container with no exposure to the elements, the container must reach capacity before shipping out so you might experience a longer wait time before your vehicle ships out to Vietnam.
Full Container Load – Just like our shared container service, you’ll have the added advantage of a fully enclosed shipping container that will contain solely your vehicle. Since there’s no wait for the container to reach capacity, you’ll enjoy a shorter wait before the vehicle ships out. However, added terminal handling expenses won’t be shared with other vehicle owners.
Upon receiving your vehicle, we’ll photograph and record the vehicle’s condition and loading process into our guaranteed condition report. All vehicles are loaded utilizing our cutting edge steel loading framework that doesn’t rely on outdated wooded ramps and nails, which can damage your vehicle.
Once your vehicle is loaded into its own shipping container, it is locked and secured for transport so that it can’t be accessed before reaching its destination in Vietnam. Since the car will be fully enclosed in a secure container, we invite our customers to transport additional items inside the vehicle. However, please make sure everything is packed securely, as we won’t be responsible for any damages.
After arrival in Vietnam, our shipping agents will access the container, record the vehicle’s condition and photograph the unloading process. In comparison to our Roll-On/Roll-Off Service, enclosed container transport to Vietnam is safer, as well as quicker thanks to regular departures every week.
Steps when shipping a car to Vietnam
Below is a breakdown of the process for importing a car to Vietnam from the USA. Our expert shipping agents are always just a phone a call away, and are ready to help you through the entire car shipping process to Vietnam.
- Contact one of our experienced shipping agents or request a free online quote.
- Schedule pickup of your vehicle, or drop off at one of our convenient locations.
- Once we receive your vehicle, our agents will record its arrival condition in our guaranteed condition report. Total travel time to Vietnam will vary, depending on your chosen method of shipping.
- Upon arrival in Vietnam, vehicles are inspected by Vietnam Customs. Customs officers will also verify the vehicle’s documentation, including: Bill of Lading, Customs Declaration, and vehicle import license.
- Vehicles are released after Import duties and taxes are paid to Vietnam Customs. Vehicles are assessed a Sales Tax of 50% or more on the vehicle’s value. Importers with diplomatic status are exempt from the Special Sales Tax.
- After import taxes and dues are paid, an application for Vietnam Vehicle Registration must be submitted within three business days. A vehicle inspection will be performed for a technical safety and environmental protection certificate, which needs to be submitted to Vietnam Customs to complete the vehicle’s processing.
- The imported vehicle must be registered locally at the designated police traffic office. Proof of insurance, certificate of vehicle inspection and all other required documentation, including passport and vehicle registration declaration will be submitted at the traffic office.
- Upon customs clearance and registration, you’ll be issued a temporary Vietnamese License Plate, valid for twenty days. Foreign license plates are prohibited in Vietnam. A permanent plate will then be issued to you and must be attached to the vehicle.
Additional Services for Car Shipping from USA to Vietnam
Escrow services – Enjoy a secure car buying process by hiring CFR Rinkens to collect payment from buyers, verify vehicle documentation and condition, as well as issuing funds to the seller after vehicle delivery.
Sourcing vehicles – Take advantage of the network of reputable car buyers we’ve developed over our twenty years in the shipping industry. For a nominal fee, our shipping experts will assist overseas clients with sourcing and buying vehicles.
Ready to ship your vehicle? Request a free online quote for car shipping from USA to Vietnam.