Car Shipping from USA to Finland
You can’t go wrong with CFR Rinkens handling your car shipping from USA to Finland. Our shipping experts will assist you every step of the way, from vehicle compliance to clearing customs, we’re always just a phone call away. With several vehicle shipping options to choose from, you can be sure to find a solution that meets your budget and schedule.
We offer both enclosed container and roll-on/roll-off services for car shipping from USA to Finland. For our most discerning customers, we offer the convenience and security of a private enclosed container. You can also take advantage of our shared container service, where the costs of handling and additional fees are shared between several vehicle owners sharing the container. For vehicles in working condition, we also offer cost-efficient roll-on/roll-off shipping, where your vehicle is driven into and secured in a cargo bay on the shipping vessel. Speak to one of our shipping specialists today and we’ll help you determine which option is best for you.
We have locations throughout the United States for convenient vehicle drop-off, and can arrange for vehicle pickups at a nominal fee. Let our years of experience in the vehicle shipping industry work for you. Read on for our Car Shipping from USA to Finland Guide, or if you’re ready to get started – request a free quote now!
Our warehouse locations include: Los Angeles, Miami and New York.
GET A QUICK FREE QUOTE
The Finland Shipping Guide below discusses car shipping to Finland from the USA. For general information and to view common questions about shipping a vehicle, visit our worldwide vehicle shipping page.
Car Shipping Guide: Car Shipping from USA to Finland
Where do we ship to?
We ship vehicles to the following ports in Finland:
What are the Car Shipping Costs to Finland?
The cost to import and ship a car to Finland from the USA will depend on a variety of factors, including where you’re shipping from, your final destination, as well as your vehicle’s make, model and year. Car shipping costs to Finland may also include additional fees, taxes and dues. While our shipping specialists will assist you with documentation, and throughout the whole process of car shipping from USA to Finland, please make sure you have the newest information on import duties, fees and taxes, as these can change frequently.
For a better idea of the cost of shipping a car to Finland from the USA, you can get started by requesting a free estimate. Our shipping experts are also just a phone call away at 1-888-886-6683. Get in touch today!
How do costs vary based on the method of shipping to Finland?
Roll-on/roll-off – Your vehicle is driven onto a large cargo area on the shipping vessel, where it is secured for transport. Since the only additional charges are customs clearance and port fees, this is our most budget-friendly option.
Shared container service – Your car is securely loaded into a 40 ft enclosed container, along with several other vehicles that will share in the additional fees incurred. These charges include terminal handling, trucking and unloading and custom clearance fees.
All cars are loaded using our state of the art steel loading system into a fully enclosed container. Although you have the security of an enclosed container with no exposure to the elements, there might be a longer wait before your vehicle ships out, as the container must be fully loaded before we can ship it.
Full container load – You have the added benefit of a fully enclosed container, just like our shared container service, but the 20 ft container is dedicated solely to your vehicle. Since there’s no wait for other cars to be loaded, you’ll enjoy a shorter wait before departure. However, additional terminal handling fees and other charges won’t be shared with other vehicle owners.
Our most selective customers prefer the high level of safety and expediency offered by our dedicated container shipping. When your vehicle is received, we’ll photograph and document the vehicle’s condition as well as the loading process. Your vehicle will be loaded using our modern steel loading system, which is not only environmentally friendly, but doesn’t rely on outdated wood ramps and nails, which can damage your vehicle.
After your car is loaded onto your own private container, it is locked and secured. This will ensure no one gains access to your car before reaching its final destination. Since the vehicle is fully enclosed in a secure container, we invite our clients to pack and transport other items inside the vehicle. However, everything must be loaded securely, as we won’t be responsible for loss or damage of any kind.
Once your vehicle reaches its final destination in Finland, our agent will unlock the container, document the vehicle’s condition and photograph the entire unloading process. Every step of the shipping process is not only handled carefully, but documented for your peace of mind.
Compared to our roll-on/roll-off shipping option, enclosed container shipping is not only more secure, but much faster due to frequent departures each week.
Things to Consider
Taxes and Duties
- VAT – 24%
- Car Tax – the final amount will depend on a variety of factors including the car’s value, model, mileage, CO2 emissions and age. Finnish customs doesn’t make calculations in advance for this tax since vehicle values change with the market, and the final amount can vary considerably. You can get a general idea of the cost by visiting the Mahti database.
- VAT – 10%
- Car Tax – This rate is scaled based on CO2 emissions of the vehicle, and can vary from 9.8% to 24.4%, depending on the cylinder capacity of the vehicle. You can find detailed information at the Finnish Customs website.
- Sales Contract
- Declaration of use to Customs
- Vehicle Tax Declaration
- Car Registration
- Registration Inspection Certificate
Steps when shipping a car to Finland
Here’s a summary of the steps for shipping and importing a car to Finland. While it may seem complicated, keep in mind that our experienced shipping agents will be on hand to assist you throughout the whole process, including vehicle compliance and customs clearance. We’re always just a phone call away.
- Verify your vehicle’s specifications and compliance with Finnish requirements. Your actual tax rate is based on these details.
- Confirm that all needed documentation is on hand, including bill of sale and customs declaration.
- Submit a declaration of use for the vehicle – it can be submitted online.
- Obtain a Finnish transfer permit from Customs.
- Attain transfer insurance or vehicle liability insurance for your car.
- A car tax declaration has to be submitted within five days of submitting the declaration of use. The car tax decision will be sent via mail and is payable within 15 days. (Declaration of use’s driving rights end on the car tax’s due date. Afterwards, the vehicle must be registered for use in Finland)
- Prior to registration, the vehicle must pass a registration inspection. The inspection can be done prior to the tax declaration and submitted along with that paperwork as a way to speed up car tax implementation in Customs.
- After car tax payment, it may take 1-3 days for the payment to register in Customs’ systems. Customs will then send your registration permission directly to the Finnish Transportation Agency electronically. The vehicle may then be registered at a vehicle inspection station.
Additional Services for Car Shipping from USA to Finland
Escrow services – We make car buying secure by collecting payment from vehicle buyers, and verifying the vehicle’s condition and documentation. After picking up the vehicle, funds are issued to the seller.
Sourcing vehicles – Our many years of experience in the car shipping industry has allowed us to develop a widespread network of car buyers. We’re ready to assist overseas clients with their vehicle purchases for a nominal commission.
You can request a free online estimate for car shipping from USA to Finland.