CFR SafePay Customer Guide
Confidence for Vehicle Sellers and Peace of Mind for Vehicle Buyers
CFR’s SafePay service is a secure and safe method for purchasing your next vehicle anywhere in the world. We make the entire process easy, safe, and seamless.
Your money is safe with us!
This guide will walk you through the standard procedure of how CFR SafePay works. You can always contact your customer service representative if you have additional questions.
CFR SafePay Process Overview
Send the full funds and documents to CFR
CFR sends test wire to the seller’s bank account
CFR dispatches a driver to verify the VIN
CFR sends the vehicle payment
Driver picks up vehicle and delivers it to CFR
Step 1: Send the full funds and documents to CFR Rinkens
First, you will need to send us the full funds for the vehicle purchase once you receive your invoice. Be sure to include the invoice number in your wire transfer memo. This transfer must be made by wire transfer only (no other payment methods are accepted). Note that international wire transfers can take up to 5 business days to process. CFR Rinkens will not proceed with conducting a CFR SafePay procedure until the full funds have been confirmed received.
Use the following formula to calculate the amount of the full funds to be sent:
(Current prices and values are for reference only)
Vehicle sales price
CFR SafePay Service Charge
Wire Transfer Fee (opt.)
Deposit paid to seller (opt.)
Full Funds Amount
Sales price of the vehicle
CFR’s service charge
Your bank’s wire fee, if any
Deposit amount paid, if any
Total Amount for CFR SafePay
Please send the full funds wire transfer to the bank details listed below:
Beneficiary: CFR Rinkens LLC
Bank Information: City National Bank
Los Angeles CA, USA
Account Number: 401595902
Domestic: ABA/Routing No: 122016066
Direct Deposit : ACH Transaction No: 122016066
International SWIFT Code: CINAUS6L
Second, before CFR Rinkens is able to send the test wire to the seller (Step 2, below), we need a few documents from you. Please send the following documents as email attachments to your CFR Rinkens customer service representative:
Step 2: CFR Rinkens sends test wire to the seller’s bank account.
Once CFR Rinkens has received the wire transfer of the full funds, CFR Rinkens sends a test wire to the seller’s bank account to ensure we have the correct banking details on file. This usually takes 2-3 business days.
Sending a test wire is important because it verifies that the seller’s bank details on file with the CFR Rinkens accounting department are correct. Without verifying the seller’s bank details, there is a risk of the money being sent to an incorrect bank account.
Step 3: CFR Rinkens dispatches a driver to verify the VIN.
Next, once the vehicle seller’s bank details have been verified, we will dispatch a truck driver to the pickup location. The driver will cross-check the VIN on the vehicle’s title with the VIN plate found on the vehicle itself. The driver will notify us of whether the VINs match or not.
The dispatched driver will only verify that the VIN on the vehicle’s title matches the VIN as printed on the vehicle, typically found on the vehicle’s dashboard or driver’s side door panel. If the VIN is found in an alternative location on the vehicle, you and/or the seller should instruct us of this prior to the driver’s arrival.
Step 4: CFR Rinkens sends the vehicle payment to the seller's bank account.
If the driver notifies us that the VIN on the title matches the VIN on the vehicle, we will transfer the appropriate amount of money to the seller (which is the vehicle sales price minus any deposit pre-paid to the seller, if applicable).
The driver will wait on site for the seller’s bank account to receive the funds transfer. Once received, the driver will proceed to pick up the vehicle. NOTE: If the VINs do not match, the vehicle will not be picked up, and we will transfer the money back to your bank account, minus our service charge.
We use wire transfer as the method of sending the funds to the seller because it is the most secure, traceable, and reliable method of money transfer.
Step 5: The driver picks up the vehicle and delivers it to CFR Rinkens.
Last, the driver will pick up the vehicle, deliver it to our loading terminal, and we will proceed with the shipment of your vehicle as requested.
Download CFR SafePay Customer Guide
Once you have downloaded, completed, and signed your CFR SafePay Customer Guide, please email it to your CFR Customer Service Representative.
Contact your customer service representative if you have additional questions.
Call Toll-Free: 1-888-886-6683
- CFR Rinkens will verify that the VIN as displayed on the vehicle’s title matches with any number printed on the vehicle which can be reasonably assumed to be the vehicle’s VIN. In the event of a title being printed with an incorrect VIN number that matches a non-VIN number found on the vehicle which could be reasonably assumed to be the vehicle’s VIN, CFR Rinkens is not responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to US Customs or foreign customs examinations and/or fees.
- CFR SafePay does not verify the vehicle’s condition prior to pickup. While the dispatched truck driver is expected to document the vehicle’s condition upon pickup, if a truck driver neglects to create a condition report of the vehicle upon pickup, CFR Rinkens is not liable for damages or inconveniences. No comparison of the vehicle’s condition upon pickup to the vehicle’s condition as advertised by the vehicle’s seller will take place. The only included part of CFR SafePay that relates to the vehicle’s condition is that CFR Rinkens staff will create a condition report of the vehicle upon delivery to our loading terminal.
- CFR SafePay does not guarantee that the vehicle is rightfully owned by the person claiming to be the vehicle’s seller, i.e. that it has not been stolen. In the instance that US Customs seizes the vehicle upon export due to it having been registered as stolen, CFR Rinkens is not liable for any losses.
- Many domestic banks process wire transfers instantly. Some banks, however, will take several hours or up to a day to process the wire transfer. In the event that the funds sent from CFR Rinkens to the seller after VIN verification are delayed until the following day, CFR Rinkens is not responsible for any of the risks that this may incur or for any additional costs, e.g. paying the truck driver’s “dry run” fee, paying for the next day’s trucking cost, or recovering funds in the event that the seller flees with the vehicle and does not allow its pickup as scheduled.
- Upon request, we will allow certain deviations from our normal CFR SafePay protocol. As these deviations carry innate risks, an additional consent form must be signed. Speak to your CFR Rinkens customer support representative for assistance if you require a deviation from our normal protocol.